Saturday, December 17, 2011

Guilty Pleasures: Xmas Shows From My Youth


I'll admit it. There are a handful of really, really, really obnoxious Christmas shows that I enjoy watching. They are over-the-top either in the sappy or tacky department {often both!}, but isn't that what this time of year is all about? ;)


Christmas shopping, dinner at the in-laws, and 20 feet of snow not skeery enough for you? Give Gremlins a whirl!


If you want to laugh at other peoples' holiday horrors there is always National Lampoons' Christmas Vacation & A Christmas Story.


Or if you prefer to see villains change their ways you could watch How The Grinch Stole Christmas & Mickey's A Christmas Carol.

There is also the Muppet Christmas Carol,






But my favourite is definitely Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer which has an awesome overload of bad music and funny animation! <3

Photobucket


*********
Sláinte!

Laurel

post signature

2 comments:

Bek said...

Do you know, I can't think of any xmas themed tv faves from my childhood...but tv is definitely a guilty winter pleasure ;)

Hope you get to see some of them!

Hertha said...

I liked many of those shows as a child too. I think I like Charlie Brown the best.