Friday, October 30, 2009

Skeery!

Wanna see something spooky just in time for Hallowe'en? This article that I originally came across on The Wild Hunt will fail to disappoint! The article is called The Danger of Celebrating Halloween and it is written by Kimberly Daniels and was published in Charisma.

Before I comment on some of the content of the article, please note that I do not have a problem with Christians and folks of other religions not celebrating Pagan/Pagan-based holidays. I get it, really. I also do not have a problem with these folks even speaking out against these holidays, as it is their right to do so! What I do have an issue with is intellectual dishonesty and fear-mongering...so let's have a look, shall we?

You may ask, "Doesn't God have more power than the devil?" Yes, but He has given that power to us. If we do not walk in it, we will become the devil's prey. Witchcraft works through dirty hearts and wrong spirits.

Uh, what? No, I am not one of those Pagans who buy into the fluff that all Witches are about 'love and light', but they come in all stripes. Of course there are some who will blast some poor sap for cutting them off during rush hour, and others who prey on the unwitting for their own personal gratification. That is not everyone though. And the last I checked, there were all sorts of 'dirty hearts and wrong spirits' within Christian churches. Isn't there something in the Bible about casting stones?

During this period demons are assigned against those who participate in the rituals and festivities. These demons are automatically drawn to the fetishes that open doors for them to come into the lives of human beings. For example, most of the candy sold during this season has been dedicated and prayed over by witches.

I do not buy candy during the Halloween season. Curses are sent through the tricks and treats of the innocent whether they get it by going door to door or by purchasing it from the local grocery store. The demons cannot tell the difference.


Ok, I am beginning to wonder if this woman is actually a writer for The Onion.

The truth is that these demons that have been presented as scary cartoons actually exist. I have prayed for witches who are addicted to drinking blood and howling at the moon.

I think she meant to say people with mental health issues. I am no shrink, but I am pretty sure that delusion and paranoia are symptoms of a few.

While the lukewarm and ignorant think of these customs as "just harmless fun," the vortexes of hell are releasing new assignments against souls. Witches take pride in laughing at the ignorance of natural men (those who ignore the spirit realm).

Yep, better get those symptoms checked out.

Now to the really scary shit!

The word "occult" means "secret." The danger of Halloween is not in the scary things we see but in the secret, wicked, cruel activities that go on behind the scenes. These activities include:
  • Sex with demons
Hey, some people need to get it from somewhere!
  • Orgies between animals and humans
That's right, a common form of entertainment at our shindigs is wanking off horses!
  • Animal and human sacrifices
Wasn't this at one point a favourite Christian activity?
  • Sacrificing babies to shed innocent blood
Oh, you mean like the numerous events where Yahweh condoned this in the Bible?
  • Rape and molestation of adults, children and babies
Sounds familiar doesn't it?

I am quite certain that this is not the average Christian's point of view! It would be great if the Christians who embrace intellectual honesty could let these nutters like this writer know that they do not speak for them.

Sláinte!

Laurel

3 comments:

Pyke said...

LOL She left herself open for many of those comments. I am glad that you understand that this is not all religious people but just a handful of idiots. I am not religious myself but have close family members who are both catholic and practice "witchcraft", so the two do not have to be seperate.

Do you see witchcraft as a religion or a practice?

Hertha said...

We should start holding annual awards for these articles for their silliness. Pyke, you asked a great question and I would be interested in seeing where this goes!

nefaeria said...

Personally I view witchcraft as a way of life. It can involve a religious aspect or it can not.

I think that it is an overused term to describe either all magical workings or sometimes all Pagans.

I wish I had more time to dedicated to this discussion as I think it is a very interesting one, but I have to head out.

I will definitely revisit this and perhaps do a little post on it. Thanks for sparking it Pyke! :)